How to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Factory Image for Nexus 9 WI-FIby Saqib Mushtaq 10th December 2015
Here it goes the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow factory image for all the Nexus 9 WI-FI devices. Those who were waiting for this can now update their Nexus 9 WI-FI devices. This build of Android 6.0.1 comes with fixed bugs and lags which will result in more stable user experience. Before you jump into the update process, check out the instructions carefully.
Things to do
1. The below instructions should only be used with the Nexus 9 WI-FI device only. Make very sure that you do not use these instructions on any other Nexus devices otherwise you will be on hot water.
2. Make sure you have taken backup of all important things, because when you will install this factory image, it will wipe your all of data.
3. Don’t forget to enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
4. Your device root access will be lost if you are using a rooted device and it will replace any custom recovery too.
5. Charge at least 50% of your device because it don’t get off during the process.
These guidelines are for the advanced users only. AndroidExpertClub will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong during the update process. So, follow the steps below and do not do anything based on your own judgment.
Guidelines to flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Factory Image for Google Nexus 9 WI-FI
Before you start anything, you have to setup the Android SDK on your Laptop/PC. The main reason for doing this is that your computer will detect the phone and also to transfer the firmware files. Here is what you need to do
• First of all download Android SDK from here.
• Now install the SDK on your Laptop/PC.
• Now go to the SDK installation directory, and then find SDK Manager exe and launch it on your Laptop/PC.
• Afterwards you have to use the SDK Manager to download and install all the SDK packages and usb drivers.
• When all files are done installing you can look for the platform-tools folder, which can found under the SDK directory.
Note: the platform-tools folder is where you will have to place all the factory image installation files.
• If you face any trouble like your device is not detected by the Laptop/PC, then nothing to get worried as you can install the Google USB drivers which can be downloaded from this link.
Now you are all set to initiate the installation process.
Step No. 1
You can download the Android 6.0.1 Factory Image from this page.
Step No. 2
Now after you have downloaded the file, unzip the contents, save them all on your Laptop/PC and then move them to platform-tools folder.
Step No. 3
Now turn off your Nexus 9 WI-FI and then boot into the Bootloader mode.
Step No. 4
Now connect your Nexus 9 WI-FI to your Laptop/PC with the help of USB cable.
Step No. 5
Now initiate the installation process by launching the flash-all.bat script.
Step No. 6
After that confirm the installation process and then wait a bit until all the new files are done installing.
Step No. 7
After the successful installation process, you will be greeted the option to reboot your device.
Step No. 8
Now wait for the device to get turn on, as first time it will take some time.
That’s it. You have successfully installed the Android 6.0.1 Factory image on your Google Nexus 9 WI-FI.