How to update T- Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T to official OTA Android Lollipop 5.1.1 Firmwareby Saqib Mushtaq 7th August 2015 3 comments
Users of T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 are now receiving the Android Lollipop 5.1.1 update, as Samsung has just started the rollout to the users. The model that is currently receiving this update is SM-N910T and the build number for this update is N910T3UVU1DOFC. Now this update comes up with more security enhancements and also in this update there is a fix for the Stagefright vulnerability.
Users can check the update by going to the settings and then click the About phone to see whether there is OTA update is available for them or not. Those who gets the notifications are good to go and they can simply update their Note 4, but to those who are still waiting for this update to come can flash the official OTA lollipop 5.1.1 update.
So all the users who want to flash the Official firmware and get updated to the Android Lollipop 5.1.1 can follow the below guidelines for the update process.
These guidelines are for the advanced users and they can check out the below steps to update their Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T via Odin. AndroidExpertClub will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong during the update process. So, follow the steps below and do not do anything based on your own judgment.
Things to do
1. This ROM carrying build number N910T3UVU1DOFC is only compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM–N910T. Make sure that it should not be use it with any other model then stated because it will result in soft brick. You can avoid this soft brick by heading to the Settings of your device, and then go to the About phone to confirm the model number.
2. You need to download the Samsung USB Drivers for your device
3. The battery percent of your smartphone should be more than 70% so that during the update process the device don’t get off.
4. Just to be on the safe side, do not forget to take the backup of you all important stuff including your call logs, messages, photos etc.
5. USB Debugging mode must be enabled on your device. You can enable it by heading to the Settings, and then to the Developers option.
Guidelines to Update/ Flash Official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Update for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T
Step No. 1
You need to download the OTA Lollipop 5.1.1 for your Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T.
Step No. 2
When your download is completed, then you can extract the zip contents on your Laptop/PC.
Step No. 3
Download Odin3 v3.10.6 from here.
Step No. 4
Now turn off the device and then boot into Download mode. You can do it by pressing the Volume down and home keys simultaneously for few seconds till you see the Android logo on the screen.
Step No. 5
Now it’s time to launch the Odin V3.10.6 on your Laptop/PC.
Step No. 6
Now connect your Galaxy Note 4 to your Laptop/PC and wait for Odin to detect your Smartphone. If your device is not detected by the Odin, then all you need is to reinstall the Samsung USB Drivers.
Step No. 7
Now go back to Odin and click the AP button.
Step No. 8
Now browse your computer for the file extracted i.e. 5.1.1 N910T3UVU1DOFC tar.md5 file. Make sure that Re-Partition option is disabled in Odin before you go to further steps.
Step No. 9
Now it’s time to start the update process. On you Odin press the start button, and wait till it completes the update process.
Step No. 10
You will see the Green icon PASS alert shown in the Odin upon the successful completion of your update process.
Step No. 11
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will reboot itself in few minutes. Now you can disconnect your Smartphone from your Laptop/PC.
That’s all.. You have successfully updated your T- Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T to Official Android Lollipop 5.1.1 firmware.
If you feel any problem in the update process, then let us know by dropping your comment below. Thanks