How to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for G920I Samsung Galaxy S6by Saqib Mushtaq 14th July 2016
The G920I models of the Samsung Galaxy S6 which are mostly sold out in Latin America, Singapore, India and Australia are receiving the official over the air update from the manufacturer. That is a great news indeed as users can enjoy the new firmware which feature new goodies and enhanced performance. The Galaxy S6 is a powerhouse and this update will even make this device run more smoothly. If you do not wish to wait for the update to reach you, the you have the option to manually flash this update via official tool Odin from Samsung.
These guidelines are for the advanced users and they can check out the below steps to update your Samsung Galaxy S6. AndroidExpertClub will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong during the update process. So, follow the steps below and do not do anything based on your own judgment.
1. Download the Odin3_v3.10.6.zip from here.
2. Download official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware
– For Latin America, download the firmware from here.
– For Singapore, download the firmware from here
– For India, download the firmware from here
– For Australia, download the firmware from here
Things to do
1. Use the below guideline only with the Samsung Galaxy S6 having model number SM – G920I.
2. Battery percent of your Samsung Galaxy S6 should be at least 60%, so that device do not get turned off during the flashing process…
3. You need to Backup everything including SMS, Call Logs, Pictures, Videos and other stuff that is important for you.
4. Enable USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy S6.
5. Make sure that you have installed the Samsung USB drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S6.
How to Flash Samsung Galaxy S6 to Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware
Follow this link to see the detail step by step guide on how you can flash OTA update via Odin.