How to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy On5 SM – G550FYby Saqib Mushtaq 12th July 2016
The users of the Samsung Galaxy On5 in India can put smile son their faces as they can update their smartphone to the latest version of the Android, and it is the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Users have to wait because the update has been pushed OTA and update will reach after some time. If you are not in the mood to wait, then you can flash this update via Samsung Official tool known as Odin.
These guidelines are for the advanced users and they can check out the below steps to update your Samsung Galaxy On5. AndroidExpertClub will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong during the update process. So, follow the steps below and do not do anything based on your own judgment.
1. Download the Odin3_v3.10.6.zip from here.
2. Download official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware for Samsung Galaxy On5 from here.
Things to do
1. Use the below guideline only with the Samsung Galaxy ON5 having model number SM – G550FY.
2. Battery percent of your Samsung Galaxy On5 should be at least 60%, so that device do not get turned off during the flashing process…
3. You need to Backup everything including SMS, Call Logs, Pictures, Videos and other stuff that is important for you.
4. Enable USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy On5.
5. Make sure that you have installed the Samsung USB drivers for your Samsung Galaxy On5.
How to Flash Samsung Galaxy On5 to Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware
Follow this link to see the detail step by step guide on how you can flash OTA update via Odin.